Own your own links and get reliable rankings
Only 15 Spots Available!
Maybe I am a slow learner but for some reasons I seem to make a few mistakes over and over again! This is as true in life as it is in my online business. The mistake I am talking about is trying shortcut what I think should be one of the “laws” when it comes to building websites…always add value!
Having had the opportunity to work with a lot of people building successful and unsuccessful niche sites while at the same time building my own the path to success is very straightforward but not easy…
- On Page – Keep it simple with the site design, don’t over-optimize and most importantly ADD VALUE! Create content that truly helps the visitor.
- Off Page – Diverse backlinks including non spammy blog comments along with niche relevant & powerful PBN links
Most of number 1 is easy to do with WordPress and a logo from Fiver while #2 can be replicated or purchased. The difficult part is building a site that actually helps people solve the problem or answer the question they are coming to you for.
In my online business every site that has succeeded has had one thing (among others) in common…the content on the site truly added value! While a large number of sites that haven’t been as successful as I would like often had lower quality content that didn’t really “add value”.
Is Good Content Alone Enough?
LET ME BE CLEAR… I am not saying what a lot of the most popular SEO’s say “create good content and the rest will take care of itself” because I think for most of us that is BS. If you have a massive content budget and are playing a 2-3 year game then yes that pure white hat approach can work.
Although it is only one example my own case study site showed good content along was not enough.
In my case study I showed a site that had been ranking in the 50’s for its target keyword for almost a year with no promotion even though it most definitely answered the searchers query better than other sites.
All it took to push that one site up the rankings and to now be firmly at number 1 was a few powerful PBN backlinks (see full case study here).
Adding links at a rate of one per week has continued to push other higher traffic up the rankings as well.
Give Google What It Wants
Google is trying to rank the best content for a given keyword and so we should both give them what they want (the best content) and do what we can off page to signal to them that our content is the best (build quality links).
5 Ways to Create Truly Valuable Content
Saying “create quality content” is far easier then it actually is in practise! To create truly useful content it is not easy to outsource
- Round Up Post – This is my current favourite for niche sites because it can be outsourced. Here is a guide to creating a niche dominating round up post
- Video Tutorial – One option to create a truly helpful article is to create a video tutorial that helps solve your readers problems.
- Hire Staff Writer with Industry Knowledge – Hiring a writer and giving them a title is not enough to get a useful article created. The best way to get truly helpful articles created is to have someone with expertise write them. Not cheap or easy to pull off and very difficult to scale!
- Supplemental Tool – Is there a simple tool that can help solve the searchers problem? For example on my student loan site I created a student loan ROI calculator. Another example is my expired domain filtering software I give away for free on my epic expired domain and private blog network guide. Stay tuned for next weeks post where another helpful tool is going to be given away
- Collect, Analyze or Assemble Data – Massive lists are another favourite way to create a truly helpful article that can easily be outsourced. Hiring a VA to go do research and then share it with readers is a great strategy to outsource the creation of a value added article. One example of this is pricing tables on Amazon affiliate sites or this list of Education Grants for Single Mothers which is ranking #2 in Google.